Molecular genetics is powerful, but the technology and terminology can be daunting. Browse our expanded glossary and answers.
We provide reliable, accurate molecular testing for many common needs in fisheries, wildlife, and conservation biology.
Read about highlight projects that were the first of their kind, required innovative solutions and involved rare and/or endangered species.
Get answers to common questions on our Learn page so you can get up to speed on molecular genetics and what we do here at Pisces.
ALWAYS AHEAD FACING
Pisces Molecular uses the tools of molecular genetics to engineer solutions to problems in fisheries, wildlife, and conservation biology.
- Browse our expanded glossary to LEARN more about molecular genetics.
- DISCOVER the incredible potential of DNA testing in fisheries, wildlife, and conservation biology.
- Read about our SOLUTIONS in more depth.
- And when you’re ready, start a project DISCUSSION.
Since 1997, we’ve been using a variety of these tools to test wildlife samples—160,000 and counting.
As molecular genetics has advanced, we’ve kept pace with the latest techniques to provide sensitive and accurate testing for detecting pathogens, endangered species, and invasive species, determining genetic purity or hybridization, and identifying organisms.
But our first love is problem solving—developing new assays to support researchers and wildlife managers. For example, we developed
- a qPCR assay to determine the sex of Komodo dragons and other monitor lizard species;
- a new environmental DNA (eDNA) assay for the locally endangered hornyhead chub in Wyoming; and
- an eDNA assay for phylogenetic population studies of beluga whales.